Frequently Asked Questions - Webhooks and Push NotificationsEstimated reading time: 2 minutes
- What is webhook?
- How do I set up webhook URL for an App?
- What are the webhook parameters?
- Can I select the events for which I want to receive webhooks?
- Is there any limit on the number of times a webhook is invoked?
- How do I send a push notification to users?
- I am not able to receive push notifications on the app, what should I do?
What is webhook?
A WebHook is an HTTP(S) URL which will be invoked with POST data in real-time by Mesibo when something happens; for example, an offline message, a user comes online or goes offline etc.
How do I set up webhook URL for an App?
You can set webhook url for an App using server side API or from mesibo console.
What are the webhook parameters?
Webhook is invoked with the following parameters:
- secret - secret which you entered in the mesibo console
- uid - User Id
- aid - APP Id
- from - sender
- to - destination
- e - logical OR combination of one of the following events
- 0x10 - User is Online
- 0x20 - User went offline
- 0x100 - Messages
Can I select the events for which I want to receive webhooks?
Yes, you can select the events for which webhook should be invoked. For example, an offline message, a user comes online or goes offline etc.
Is there any limit on the number of times a webhook is invoked?
There is no hard limit. However, Mesibo automatically optimizes and decides based on your webhook usage if the next webhook call is necessary. For example, an offline message indication for a user may not be invoked again until that user comes online or for a certain duration.
How do I send a push notification to users?
Mesibo will automatically send push notification to offline users if there is a message or a call for them. All you need to do is configure your Firebase Cloud Messaging and Apple Push Notification credentials in Mesibo console and rest will be taken care of by Mesibo.
I am not able to receive push notifications on the app, what should I do?
- Keep your phone on the cellular data and see if you are receiving push notifications
- See if other apps on your phone receive it
Another option is to send push notification yourself and see if it helps. Setup the mesibo webhook which will be invoked when the destination is offline. You can then send push notification from the webhook.