Frequently Asked Questions - SupportEstimated reading time: 13 minutes
- What information should I provide when requesting technical support?
- Can you schedule a call?
- Who do I contact for mesibo support?
- Does mesibo charge for support?
- What hours are you available?
- What is the turnaround time for support requests?
- What is your SLA?
- We have questions on pricing. Can you help?
- We have pre-sales questions before we try mesibo. Can you help?
- We need additional features. Can you help?
- We have specific requirements. Can you sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) before we discuss our requirements?
- I could not find documentation on some features, can you help?
- We are in hurry - can you provide paid support to quickly integrate mesibo?
- Can you help with messenger/whatsapp clone demo and UI modules?
What information should I provide when requesting technical support?
When submitting a support request, ensure that you include the following information, both mandatory and platform-specific. Mesibo APIs are used by millions of users and hence all the functionalities are well tested. However, if you are facing any issues, we will certainly help if you provide us with all the necessary information as mentioned below:
- Account details and the App ID. You will find the numerical App ID in the mesibo console.
- The exact issue in detail. Also mention affected users (address, tokens, platform, etc.).
- Mesibo connection status as reported in Mesibo_OnConnectionStatus callback. If you face communication issues between some of your users (messages or calls), ensure that the connection status is
1for affected users. Users will be able to send and receive messages or calls only if their connection status is
- Complete logs and/or screenshots from mesibo initialization to the point of error from your development tools (ADB, Xcode, browser console, etc). It really helps us understand the problem quickly and provide you with better support.
- Steps you have taken to solve the issue.
- Try reproducing the same issue with mesibo demo apps and share the results.
- Try on a real physical device before reporting an issue. While remote device testing like Samsung Remote Test Lab are nice, we have noticed issues with file system.
In addition, please provide additional information mentioned below, as applicable
Android, iOS, C++ and Python Related Issues
- Mesibo Versions: Include Mesibo API versions in your ticket. Also, ensure that you are using the latest APIs. To check versions, go to the Download page and check that you are using the latest versions for mesibo APIs before reporting an issue. If you are using iOS, perform a pod update to see if there is an update.
- Phone (or Simulator) model, platform, and OS versions, for sender and receiver as applicable. Note that, calls should be tried on real devices only (not a simulator).
- Build tools and compile SDK versions
- Ensure that you are using the latest mesibo API
- Browser version and console logs from the start
- Your website must use HTTPS and valid certificates. The browser security model does not grant media permissions and calls will not work if the above conditions are not met. These restrictions are by the browsers and NOT by the mesibo. Refer Security section in the Mozilla documentation for more information.
Backend REST APIs Related Issue
- Use Mesibo Backend API Playground guide before sending a request.
- Send the exact JSON request and the response payload.
- If you are not able to connect, ensure that you are not using the backend API from your clients. It should only be accessed from your backend servers. Read security note here
Push Notification Related Issue
- Refer to the Push Notification Troubleshooting guide before sending a request. We require relevant logs from those steps.
On-Premise Related Issue
- If you need help with on-premise, please be aware that we have absolutely no visibility on your server or the database. Hence you need to be more precise. In addition,
- Refer to the On-premise Troubleshooting guide before sending a request. We require relevant logs from those steps.
- Include complete on-premise server logs from the start and the exact command line to launch the mesibo on-premise. Refer to the on-premise documentation to learn how to obtain logs.
The more details you send us, the easier it will be for us to quickly understand and help you. Also ensure that you are using the latest APIs and latest stable development tools (Android Studio, XCode, etc.). We do not support older, beta, or cross-platform development tools.
Can you schedule a call?
We offer 24/7 online support via email. We schedule a phone call ONLY if the queries cannot be resolved over email. Please note that even when we schedule a phone call, we will require that you send us all the questions in advance over email so that the entire communication is clear and documented.
We firmly believe that we can offer much better support and accurate resolutions over email compared to a phone call. Hence, any support provided over the call is charged and must be paid in advance before we schedule a call.
Who do I contact for mesibo support?
If your question is technical, we suggest posting it on stackoverflow and we will answer there. Do not forget to tag
mesibo since we are watching that tag on Stackoverflow.
Alternatively, you can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you have included all the information as requested above.
SPAM notice: We will send an automatic reply to your email within 15 minutes. If you do not receive it, check your SPAM folder and take necessary action so that you don’t miss the reply from our support team. Do not paste logs as part of email content. Instead, attach them in a file or host them somewhere and send us the link.
Legal: Your use of the mesibo or sending any communication to mesibo is subject to Mesibo Terms and supersedes all other agreements and your email disclaimers.
Does mesibo charge for support?
mesibo support is always available free of charge no matter how often you contact us. We believe that customers should never pay to have their questions answered.
We treat all our customers as a priority and for the same reason, we do not offer paid support. However, we do expect that you do not abuse free support and provide us with all the necessary information as mentioned above.
However, if required, you can request paid, dedicated support engineers.
What hours are you available?
Mesibo customer care Team is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST in the United States, and 9 am to 6:00 pm in Singapore. This allows us to provide you round-the-clock customer support during weekdays. We also have support staff available during weekends for urgent issues.
What is the turnaround time for support requests?
Depending on the current load of support requests, our support team usually responds within a few hours. However, sometimes it may go up to 24 hours. We request you to be patient.
Note that, we may not respond if you have not provided the necessary information and your account details as mentioned above.
In the meantime, you can check our FAQs. We keep updating our FAQs based on questions we receive from customers. Hence, you will find answers to most questions there.
What is your SLA?
The mesibo cloud platform is available at 99.99%. If the mesibo uptime is below 99.99% in a given billing period, you will be eligible to receive a billing discount on a pro-rata basis. There is no SLA for on-premise deployment since you will be running it on your own premise.
We inform all the paid accounts in advance of any scheduled downtime. However, in case of unscheduled downtime events which is rare -- we may or may not be able to inform you as a priority would be to restore service rather than to inform you. Your servers will generally get to know about it if the backend APIs are not able to connect.
Note that, we may have to occasionally restart mesibo servers to upgrade. The downtime in such cases is under 5-10 seconds (generally less than a minute total in a month). Since we have to do this to keep your apps updated with the latest features, we do not count it towards downtime or any SLA guarantee.
We have questions on pricing. Can you help?
We suggest you visit our Pricing Page where we have explained our pricing in detail, for both cloud and on-premise deployment. Please refer to the pricing table that lists each item on its left column, and how will you be charged for it, or if it is free on its right column (for cloud or on-premise). There are absolutely NO other charges than mentioned there.
We also request you to read Pricing Notes and Pricing FAQ for more details. We have also provided a pricing calculator that you can use to calculate the approximate cost for your usage.
Note that, we do not have any other pricing model nor do we currently offer any custom pricing. Volume discount automatically applies.
We have pre-sales questions before we try mesibo. Can you help?
mesibo is a developer-centric platform. Hence, to ensure informed discussions, we require that you first try mesibo and see if mesibo meets most of your needs before we engage in further discussions.
We suggest you read our Get-started tutorial which describes various mesibo APIs for messaging and calls for all the supported platforms, and try the first app and other demo apps.
If your questions are related to mesibo on-premise, we have easy to follow on-premise installation guide. We expect you to try it before sending your support requests.
Once you try the first app or other demo apps and you would like to explore further, we will be happy to answer other questions you may have that are not answered on our website. Please share your Account details.
We need additional features. Can you help?
We can certainly help. We continue to add features and we will like such inputs.
First, try mesibo and see if it meets most of your requirements. Then let us know about additional features and functionalities that you would like to see in the mesibo. There are chances that those functionalities are already feasible with existing features and we will help you achieve those functionalities. If not, we will certainly consider adding those features depending on the feasibility and let you know about the timeline.
We have specific requirements. Can you sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) before we discuss our requirements?
We will be happy to help you with your requirements. However, we do not sign an NDA. The reason is that thousands of organizations use our platform, some of them are from a similar industry having similar requirements. We may have already received similar requirements from other customers and hence signing an NDA restrains us from supporting our customers and offering our services effectively.
Having said that, your requirements are secure with us. We never discuss the requirements of one customer with another, and for the same reason, we often decline requests for references. However, if an NDA is still a mandatory requirement for your organization, we request you to only share whatever you can share publicly OR obfuscate your requirements in the best possible way so that it does not reveal the purpose. Our core offering is our platform and the APIs so that you can build and customize your apps based on your requirement.
I could not find documentation on some features, can you help?
We try to keep all our documentation updated. However, mesibo is constantly adding new features, and hence it might be possible that documentation may get delayed for some of these features. In such cases, you can raise a support request and we will help you with the required information. You can also refer to our source code repositories to see how those features can be used.
We are in hurry - can you provide paid support to quickly integrate mesibo?
mesibo is an open and self-serving platform. We do have comprehensive but easy-to-read documentation, tutorials, and source code on our website to make it easy for the developers to get started. You can read them to get started quickly. If you have any specific questions that are not answered there, reach us and we will be glad to assist. You do not need any paid support, nor do we offer it.
Can you help with messenger/whatsapp clone demo and UI modules?
Before using the messenger code or UI modules, we expect you to read and build the First App tutorial for the platform of your choice, it explains and demonstrates how to send messages and make calls in just a few lines of code. If you have not, we will not be able to help you with the messenger or UI modules.
Secondly, the messenger/WhatsApp clone demo code and UI modules are provided as it is. You are requested to read the tutorial and understand the code yourself. It is expected that you are well-versed with mesibo APIs and have successfully used mesibo API before using the messenger demo code. We will be happy to help if you have questions on a particular part of the code (send us line numbers) or any mesibo API-specific questions. We will not be answering any general questions.