Mesibo Users and ProfilesEstimated reading time: 1 minute
Users in mesibo APIs are the end users of your app who communicates with each other. In any app, users are the communication endpoint, and hence most of the mesibo API revolves around users.
- When a user sends a message or makes a call using mesibo API, the destination is another user.
- You can create a group of users and enable group chat or group calling between them
- Your users can view or subscribe to other users or group information and updates, for example, name, pictures, etc.
- You can pair or restrict communication between users
- Users can block or unblock other users
In mesibo, each user and group is represented by
MesiboProfile object. You can get the profile of any user or a group using
getProfile API (described in more detail in the next section)
profile = Mesibo.getProfile(userAddress);
profile = Mesibo.getProfile(groupId);
Once you have a profile object, you can perform various operations, for example, create a new message for it, create a database session, view information, subscribe, etc.
For example, in the code below, we have created and sent a message to a profile.
MesiboMessage m = profile.newMessage(); m.message = "Hello"; m.send();
Depending on the profile, the message goes to an individual user or the group. Hence, you don’t need to deal with or learn separate APIs for users and groups.
In the next section, we will learn more about the profile, how users can set and publish their profile, view other users’ and groups’ profiles, profile privacy, and more.users, profile, sync, group profile